Vegetables, yarn, and yarns: all of my passions all in one place.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Finishing that Thesis

April first. That is my deadline. Twelve chapters, one big revision. One month. And only my evenings are free for writing fiction. My days are for tech writing. I have four chapters done so far.

The thing is, as a mom who has been in college for the entire duration of her son's life, I have gotten really really good at scheduling. I list and I plan and I scheme out my days, to the hour if necessary. I have to, I always have, so I have a schedule in place.

I'll admit, though, that my schedules don't always pan out when it comes to writing. My process is at least fifty percent inspiration, and if it's not working, nothing I write is worth saving. Tonight is one of those nights.

There's so much work left to do and a very limited amount of time, but there's nothing I can do about it tonight. And I am okay with that. For now. I have a few nonfunctioning nights scheduled into my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment