Vegetables, yarn, and yarns: all of my passions all in one place.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

In this apartment, it's Chinese month.


In this apartment, it's Chinese month. We have, in fact, deemed spring the season of Asian food. It will be Chinese and then Japanese and Vietnamese. In honor of that fact, here's a lovely bok choy stir fry, which tastes quite good in sesame pancakes. It's bok choy, a bag of frozen asian veggies, and some extra mushroom. Throw in a little teriyaki sauce and you've got yourself a stir fry.

I'm sure more Chinese adventures are too come and hey, spring break next week. I'm hoping to do a lot of baking with my many bags of recently acquired reduced-price Bob's Red Mill products. Joy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary Kate,

    As you may know, I'm the Food and Wine Editor for Connotation Press. http://connotationpress.com/from-plate-to-palate

    Each month I choose a theme and solicit essays and/or recipes from people interested in food, which is why I'm emailing you. :)

    For the May 2011 issue, I'd really like to showcase food blogging. Why is it that people feel compelled to blog about food? Why is blogging the chosen medium? Why do food bloggers chose a particular focus or food? Does food blogging create stronger community bonds or closer relationships with food?

    As a food blogger, I'm hoping you would be willing to contribute a 250-1000 word essay about your food blog, why you do what you do, why food is your passion and why a blog is the best place to share that passion. Of course, I'm open to other ideas, as I know each blogger is different and sees blogging differently.

    The deadline is April 10, 2011.

    With your submission, I ask that you include the following:

    1.) the essay/poem/story--if you choose to include one.
    2.) a recipe--if you choose to include one
    3.) pictures of the recipe--if you include a recipe
    4.) a brief bio about you that includes other publications, blogs you have, and/or other food-related qualifications (Don't include if you have previously submitted.)
    6.) a picture of yourself (Don't include if you have previously submitted.)

    I hope you will consider this opportunity to submit to Connotation Press, an online magazine dedicated to the arts. Many contributors add their publication in Connotation Press to their CVs. Also, it's an opportunity to promote your projects, websites, and blogs in a new arena.

    If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible. The deadline for submissions is April 10, 2011.

    Thank you, in advance, for considering this publishing opportunity.

    Best,

    Amanda (amandamcguire@connotationpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda:
    I would love to. I'll get right on it!

    ReplyDelete