Vegetables, yarn, and yarns: all of my passions all in one place.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Strep-land, population 2, and the impending garden

This week, I have witnessed a return of my childhood foe, strep. I got this horrible sore throat illness about five times a year growing up. It really didn't help that I also had very large tonsils that, when swelled, nearly sealed together to block my entire airway. Fortunately, my mouth has grown into my tonsils. Unfortunately, to find that out, I had to undergo strep as an adult. And inadvertently pass it on to my partner.

I'm on the mend, but neither of us has done much cooking (being unable to swallow it for several days). I do have a fabulous Japanese dish to share from last week that celebrates the start of May, our family's Japanese month 2011.

Another plus, I had plenty of free time while recooperating (I couldn't concentrate on work when every time I swallowed it felt like my head might explode) to finish the last of the amigurumi vegetables.

The Pea Pods!


The open pod enough folds up to look identical to the closed one, just with peas peeking out.


As enchanted as I am with the knitted veggies though, I'll be excited to start growing some real ones. Growing season is upon us. The forecast looks like rain until friday, but if there's a break in the clouds on tuesday, we'll be out in our garden, breaking it in for summer. Tomatoes, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment